Thursday, March 12, 2009

Speaking of uncomfortable...

A meme that's traveling around that time sucking social networking site that I will not mention by name has tagged me more than once. Kind of perfectly timed with my first post, no?
Sting is the only way I can describe my initial reaction. The only place I could respond is here, because my list is not the haha-aw-so-sweet-woohoo kind of list, now is it. My favorite line is "Let's see how much you remember!" As if I could ever forget.

My First Born

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!

Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Not only was it planned, it was begged and borrowed make-a-deal-with-devil-if-I-have-to planned

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Shocked that it actually worked. Pure happiness.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No. But if the first sono had revealed eight babies, selective reduction definitely and heartbreakingly would have been our choice

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 35

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? The nurse called with beta results. So romantic. It was just like those First Response commercials.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Rolyn was with me when the call came in...we told our parents and my sister first. Then very close friends.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Not at first, but we did find out after the cvs testing.

9. DUE DATE? August 30

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Only one morning, the morning of our first sonogram but I think that was just puking from anxiety.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Pickles. Non-stop.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Stupid comments.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girl AND Boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I would have been thrilled with either.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? No idea.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Nope.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? n/a

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? You could say that.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? New York Presbyterian Hospital

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Eight

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Not necessary, I had already been there a week.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Rolyn and my Mom.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural and surreal.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes, but it only worked on half my body and did nothing at all for my heart.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? Tess 12 oz. Oliver 15 oz.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? April 12, 2005

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Tess and Oliver

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 0

No comments:

Post a Comment