Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Three? Yes, Three.


My sweet baby girl,
Don't you know that when you say "Mama your baby is gone. I am a BIG girl." It's like a knife in my heart.
Just yesterday you were a little squirmy thing that would just stick to my shoulder or tuck right in the crook of my arm.
I could wrap you up in fabric and attach you to my body as if I were a mama kangaroo.
And now? Now, you're (way) more than half my height and baby big girl you are strong. Strong in both physical strength and will. Your imagination knows no bounds. You can mashup Dizney movies like nobody's business. I never knew that Cinderella also fell asleep until the Prince came to kiss her. I love that you introduce your Daddy as the Evil Stepsister as if she is your BFF. To you anything and everything is possible. Head cocked to the side and hands on hips you negotiate EVERYthing. "Hey Mom, I know you want me to have cereal for breakfast but hey I reeeeally would like to have bunny cookies first and theeeen have cereal. Ok Mama? Ok. Please Mama? Ok. Thank you Mama. You are the best Mommy in the whole wide world Mama."
I see you growing and blossoming and I just want to hit pause or at least slow motion.
I don't want to miss. One. Moment.

Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl Davis.
I love you all the way to the Moon, to Texas and back to Brooklyn, too.
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Davis, you're a blessing to us all. And Heather, three years, wow! I wonder where she learned that negotiation? Xxx

    ReplyDelete